Terrance Henne was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He earned his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Pittsburgh and graduated from Duquesne University School of Law in 1991. He is the Managing Partner of the Pittsburgh office.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Henne served as the Director of Law and Insurance for the Port Authority of Allegheny County. As the chief legal officer for the agency, he was responsible for managing the internal law and insurance departments, outside counsel and any litigation in which the agency was involved. Mr. Henne was also designated Senior Trial Counsel for a major insurance carrier and served on its’ National Trial Team which handled catastrophic losses in multiple jurisdictions.
Mr. Henne concentrates his practice in the area of civil litigation. Mr. Henne has extensive jury trial experience. He also has significant experience in products liability matters, toxic tort litigation, worker’s compensation, labor, employment and criminal matters.
He is a certified mediator, arbitrator, e-discovery master and early neutral evaluator for the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Mr. Henne is an Adjunct Professor at LaRoche University where he teaches Business Law. He also serves as an advisor for a local law school trial team. Mr. Henne has taught continuing legal education courses for the PA Bar Institute in dram shop cases and evidence presentation. He has provided seminars to police departments on jurisdiction, search and seizure, accident investigation and use of force.
Mr. Henne is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the U. S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U. S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of West Virginia, the U. S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, the U. S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Henne is a Fellow in the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County. He was also elected to the Board of Governors for the organization. He is also a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the West Virginia Bar Association and the American Public Transportation Association.
He enjoys golf, hiking with his dogs and all the Pittsburgh sports teams, especially the Steelers. He volunteers at Animal Friends and his local community food bank.
- Represented a local transit agency in a serious pedestrian case where the plaintiff claimed traumatic brain injury. A defense verdict was rendered after an 8-day jury trial.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a restaurant that was sued when a pedestrian sustained serious injuries after falling into a sidewalk vault elevator that was being used to transport product to the restaurant kitchen.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an electrical contractor who was sued as a result of a catastrophic automobile accident near a major tunnel construction project in Pittsburgh. The plaintiff was fatally injured.
- Represented a veterinarian and a veterinary clinic who were sued by the parents of a young child who was badly bitten by a dog being treated at the clinic. A defense verdict was obtained after a 5-day jury trial.
- Secured a defense verdict on behalf of a police chief and a governmental agency after a former police officer filed suit claiming gender discrimination and disparate treatment.