Terence M. Pitt has spent the last twenty-five years of his legal career practicing civil litigation, this after three years as an assistant district attorney. Mr. Pitt’s civil experience has involved the defense of medical malpractice, asbestos, sidewalk design and auto accident cases throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In addition he has represented clients in all phases of general liability matters, including truck accidents, slip and falls, building design issues, nursing care, lease issues and other general liability issues. Mr. Pitt has extensive trial experience, having tried numerous civil cases all over the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Pitt enjoys golfing, running and Peloton biking. Mr. Pitt played college football for four years at the University of New Haven and enjoys watching football. He has run two marathons and hopes to run a third. Mr. Pitt has two wonderful daughters of whom he is very proud.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a medical malpractice death case where the doctor was accused of delay in the treatment of a man with a serious head injury.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a trip and fall case for a big business who was alleged to have improperly designed their sidewalk and where the plaintiff tripped and fell and her injuries required multiple surgical procedures.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a medical malpractice case where a radiologist was alleged to have improperly read an MRI and the plaintiff lost a leg to cancer.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a slip and fall case in a movie theater where the plaintiff broke many bones as a result of the fall.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a medical malpractice death case of a young man whose family claimed that the doctor delayed the diagnosis/treatment of cancer by 9 months.