A Florida Bar Certified Construction Law attorney and experienced Partner with a demonstrated history of working in civil trial practice and insurance defense, Brian A. Eves specializes in civil litigation across a broad range of topics, including Construction Law and Catastrophic Loss cases. A University of Florida graduate, Mr. Eves works hard to make sure all the needs of his client and carrier are met. His previous experience in law enforcement helps him critically evaluate Plaintiff’s claims and contributes to understanding and meeting his clients’ needs. Mr. Eves was born in Staten Island, New York but was raised in South Florida.
He graduated summa cum laude with honors from Saint Leo University with a Bachelor’s degree in Criminology. While at Saint Leo, Mr. Eves was awarded Outstanding Student in Criminology and was a member of the student government and the Honors Society. After working in law enforcement and other fields, Mr. Eves attended the Fredric G. Levin School of Law at the University of Florida. During law school, Mr. Eves volunteered at Three Rivers Legal and clerked at two different law firms specializing in personal injury law and other civil matters. Mr. Eves also interned in the Eighth Judicial Circuit as a judicial intern assisting with court memoranda and post-judgment motions and worked as research assistant for Dean John Mills and a teaching assistant for the Legal Research and Writing Department. Mr. Eves also had the distinction of joining the Jessup Moot Court team first as a competition team member and then as team captain.
After law school, Mr. Eves worked for two different civil litigation practices, handling several trials. Mr. Eves joined Mintzer, Sarowitz, Zeris, Ledva, and Meyers in 2011, working from the Miami office. Mr. Eves has presented Continuing Education credit classes to numerous carrier and third party administrators across a broad range of topics. He relocated to the Tampa office in August of 2014, and currently resides in Tampa with his wife and two children. He enjoys movies, reading science fiction novels, learning about Irish culture, learning Spanish, and spending time with his family.
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar Association
- CLM – Claims and Litigation Management
- DRI – Defense Research Institute
- FDLA – Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Chinese Drywall Litigation, Construction Defect, Products Liability (multiple counties in Florida and MDL Court in New Orleans, LA) lead counsel representing multiple contractors and subcontractors across several different projects and developments allegedly involving the installation and use of Chinese Drywall. Successfully reached a resolution and settlement of all claims.
- Coverage Action and Improper Site Levelling (Pasco County, Florida) successfully defended and resolved claims against an insurance carrier from large scale residential building developer related to an insured contactors work site levelling at a large development project.
- Professional Liability, Pest Control Claims (Tampa, Florida) prevailed on a Motion for Summary Judgment defeating Plaintiff’s claims for Breach of Contract and Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUPTA), resolving all claims of professional liability and negligence in favor of the client.
- Premises Liability, Contractual Indemnity (Orlando, Florida) successfully prevailed on a Motion for Summary Judgment defeating Plaintiff’s claims for Breach of Contract a security company arising from a claim of contractual indemnification following permanent injury to a guest at a large function at a convention center.
- Negligent Security (Miami, Florida) defended a nightclub owner and operator at trial against negligent security claims from a private security guard injured in an altercation. Plaintiff’s pre-suit demand was $500,000.00 and the jury awarded a verdict of $300,000.00 and found the Plaintiff 50% liable, reducing the award to $150,000.00.
- Construction Defect, Subcontractor (Orlando, Florida) successfully defended and resolved negligent roofing repair claims against a general contractor following the flooding of a residential apartment building.
- “Negotiation and Settlement Strategy” 6/3/18 – Gallagher Bassett Services
- “Mediation of the Complex Case” 8/10/18 – Broadspire
- “Water Damage Restoration” 9/19/18 – Gallagher Bassett Services
- “Slip and Fall: Handling Fraudulent Claims” 11/14/18 – Gallagher Bassett Services
- “Automobile Claims Handling” 5/9/19 – North American Risk Services.
- “Automobile Bodily Injury Claim Handling” 9/10/19 – Sedgwick
- “Consumer Product & Appliance Failures: Manufacturer vs Consumer” 10/4/19 – Panel presentation CLM Southeastern Conference
- “Property Damage: Smoke and Soot Assessment and Abatement” 11/7/19 – North American Risk Services
- “Claim Mitigation after Water Damage” 12/5/2019 – North American Risk Services